If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sepia Saturday

This set of sepias is a tribute to my mostly glamorous Aunt Cleta.

I think this is her high school graduation picture.

Dressed up and looking so pretty -

This is Aunt Cleta with my Uncle Rex, around the time they got married. She was very young, and Uncle Rex was older, he had already been off to the Navy, serving during WWII. They look really happy together, don't they?

Aunt Cleta was glamourous but she was also fearless - she is posing with a pile of dead coyotes. They were farmers and coyotes are predators to farm animals so it was very normal for farmers to hunt coyotes.

One Christmas - I love all the icicles on the Oklahoma cedar tree.

I'd guess she is dressed up for a party in this one
Cleta and Rex - probably after a long day of farm work


here she is wearing a very pretty long hostess skirt

Aunt Cleta passed away of brain cancer in the early 1980's. Uncle Rex just moved into a retirement home - but not because of his health, for less to do taking care of a home and for all the social activities at the retirement home. He still goes dancing most every Saturday night and bakes the best pies and biscuits.


to join in or see other Sepia Saturday photos, click here

15 comments:

  1. Wow...she was beautiful..and had great legs! LOL!

    I'd pose with dead coyotes...just not live ones! ha!

    Uncle Rex still goes dancing and bakes pies...what a cute man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was very glamorous indeed. A great set of photos which tells a story so well. And fixes the story for ever more for all to see. A great way to remember and celebrate your aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your aunt certainly was glamourous, even after a hard day on the farm.

    She and Rex look well suited. Good to hear that he is still active and in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do a double-take on the first photo! Looked a lot like my own Mom did back then! Or it could be the angle here...never-the-less the snaps are great and cover the years well. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of your Aunt Cleta and Uncle Rex!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tribute to Cleta! (your header pic is adorable...you look so much like your mother)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Cleta was quite some beauty. She certainly was glamorous.

    We could use her coyote skill here in Toronto where we are being invaded by the creatures who seem to be living off our dogs and cats. YIPES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog featuring your Aunt Cleta and Uncle Rex. She surely was a beauty and turned into a good farmer's wife. Rex is my only sibling left and we talk by phone every morning around 6:30 and he always has a funny to tell me. One time he had decided to bake raisin bread and could not find the cinnamon in his pantry so used 1/2 tsp allspice and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Said he didn't really like the flavor so called his son to come get it as "Jay Dee will eat anything." Your Mom in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she was a lovely looking lady! That grad photo looks like a Prom Queen to me.
    She looks so young in that first photo with Rex. It is obvious they were happy together. Such a shame she died and it's sad that he moved into a retirement home, but it sounds like he still manages to enjoy himself.

    Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been reading your blog for about a year and have enjoyed it a lot. Great way of honoring your aunt. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She was sensational! I'm especially crazy about her sandal pumps, third photo from the bottom. And the photos of her and Rex!

    This is a great Sepia Saturday post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
    I will be happy to get some assistance at the start.
    Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just showed Mom the first pic here and she swears it's herself! Not so much in the later pics, tho' but the resemblance is identical in the earlier snaps; although the time frame is about 15-20 years apart( I'm guessing ). I've not scanned in any pics as yet but will send one along when I do and you can see for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She was very glamourous! I love the little shorts outfit she's wearing in the first photo with Rex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very interesting blog about your aunt. The age difference really didn't matter back then either. I liked seeing all of your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐