If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, March 20, 2011

sewing and shopping

I finished the blueberry blouse and it turned out just like I hoped it would. 
It fits just right and I think it looks nice on me. 

So I went through my fabric and found some prints,  then  I cut out 3 more - all will be the same pattern as the blueberry blouse. 

I've stacked all the same pieces together and plan on sewing them up assembly line style.
Hopefully, I can get them done this week. 

this pin cushion was pieced from selvages by my mom. 
She made 2 for me.  I have my needles in the smaller one.

Here is my newest Pyrex. 
It is a small casserole dish,  and did not come with a lid. 
I have some other casserole dishes that are deeper and the lids interchange so coming without a  lid was not a problem.
This dish was $2.50.
All the other Pyrex we saw at  thrift stores and the antique mall was priced much higher.
Yard sale season will start soon and I will be looking for some reasonable priced Pyrex at those. 
 No $80 bowl sets for this Pyrex collector!

Here are my coupon deals from Walgreens this morning.
I spent exactly 10 dollars and got
7 Reach toothbrushes,  8 bags of Chex Mix and 3 cans of salmon
and I got back a $4 register reward to use on my next shopping trip.

I am not one of those coupon maniac people  with 1000 rolls of toilet paper or 200 bottles of shampoo.  But I do look at the deals online and buy things we use when I can get them at great prices. 
If you are interested in learning more about coupon shopping,  there are lots of experts out there that post the deals non-stop. 
I learned about the Reach and Chex coupons at
However, I don't think the exact printable coupons are available any longer though.
New deals come along everyday,  I read the sites and print off any coupons that I am pretty sure I can use right then as they don't usually stay available too long. 

Finding grocery deals all depends on where you have to shop. 
My town does not have any deep discount grocers like Aldi or SavALot. 
So I shop carefully at the 3 grocery stores here,  look for coupon deals on line and also shop the sales at  Walgreens when they are for products we like. 


I hope you all had a nice weekend. 
We did a little shopping, a little yardwork, 
had some really good meals including strawberry shortcake
and went to church today. 

12 comments:

  1. Blouse looks great!!! Good way to use your stash of material. Nice when you find something that is comfortable. Nice shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blouse is adorable! It looks cool and comfy, too!

    Nice pyrex! Do you really see them places for $80? That's amazing.

    I do the Grocery Game online. It's been worth the $1 a week just to see what's on special at the grocery and what coupons to use. Every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job at saving money! I don't use coupons either. They are not really the thing here like they are south of the border. I find I can save money by careful shopping. I know you love pyrex. I don't have another space for one more bowls or casserole dishes. That's a good thing otherwise I would probably want to get some more even though I'm sure I have quite enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at the ads and will make a visit to the stores for deals this week. I didn't see a deal for the salmon but will check it out. I did see the dental floss deal. Kewl!

    I wish I could find a good blouse pattern that fits right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deals!!! I like your shirt and can't wait to see the other ones you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get some much accomplished. I want to be you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always shopped the grocery ads and feel like I've save many $$ over the years. After all, "a penny saved is a penny earned."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post! The blouse looks nice. :) I like your idea of doing more sewing "assembly line"-style. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blouse is very pretty! I like the style and the other fabric you've chosen. You'll be all set for the warmer weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blouses! Great deal on the salmon and other items at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new blouse and you got some great deals at Walgreens.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rhonda,
    Your blouse is lovely, and to make that many at once, you are very talented.
    I completed one dress and have purchased fabric for two more. I will try to show them in a post.
    You did well at Walgreens. We don't have that store, I wish we did.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐