If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 28, 2011

No Cost Chest Freezer Organization

We have a medium size chest freezer. Chest freezers cost less to buy and power than upright freezers but they do take some tricks to organize.
Most of the meat we have is bought in bulk and then I repackage it, so they are usually irregular sized and don't stack well.
Finding anything in this freezer was really taking effort.
Then, I spotted these fabric shopping bags that my daughter gave me, she hosted a Velveeta House Party and had extra bags.
I got 3 of the bags and sorted the meat - beef into one, pork into the 2nd one and chicken into the 3rd one.
I put them into the bottom of the freezer and all 3 fit perfectly!
Does anyone else have an abundance of these shopping bags? We bought some big ones at Aldi when they first came out and since then, Jeff and I have both got them from different companies and we have way more than we will ever need for shopping.
Anyone else have any good uses for these bags?
I fear that so many of them are being produced, that in a few years, there will be complaints that the reusable bags are filling up the landfills.

15 comments:

  1. That's some good uses of those bags. I use bags to keep my different crafts in - crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, etc... That seems to help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an abundance of these bags and I use them a lot. Mainly I use them when I cart things off to the thrift store and when I give things away on freecycle because they are sturdy bags. I also use a lot of them in my own shopping. I haven't used these bags in the freezer because I don't have the kind you have, just the top of the fridge freezer. I like to use bottom of small boxes to keep everything together. It works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I remember choosing an upright because I just knew I wouldn't be able to find anything in a chest freezer.

    I have 2 of those huge Aldis bags. They are wonderful! But I only use them for shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several of them and I must say your idea of using them in the freezer is wonderful. I do use all of mine when I do a large grocery shop.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 6 Walmart ones and use them all the time but I never get out of there without needing one or 2 plastic bags. That's not to say I always take all 6 in with me. I just can never estimate the right amount of bags to take in with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea! We have a smallish square deep freeze, and it sure is handy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea! I have bunches of those kinds of bags. I keep a dozen or so in my car for grocery shopping, but I also use them to keep sewing projects together, to carry supplies when I am teaching a class, and for gift bags (to buy them is usually $1 apiece or less, and they often hold more than a gift bag would, and are sturdier, and come in pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda,
    Great Job. I love my bags too.
    Have a wonderful week end.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! I use an idea I got from Brenda (Coffee Tea Books & Me) and use those big ziploc underbed storage bags (I think their underbed - they may be some other big storage bag they make). I have a protein bag, a veggie bag, etc. makes it easy to find stuff and get stuff out of the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have wondered that about reusable bags as well! Good organizing technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly take up less room than the baskets I bought to use. I'll definitely consider this as a future possibility should any of my baskets start to break down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use you bag system with coles bags. They have them in different colours. I use a green one for frozen & blanched veggies. Closest colour to red for uncooked meat. Another colour for pre-packaged meals. Another colour for cooked meals, as I do once a month cookery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bags was what I was going to use a few years ago to put in a chest freezer. But, in the meantime, I have hurt myself, well the car wreck hurt me, and I cannot lift anything over about two pounds. But, I think it is a great use of bags and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐