If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fruit for the week and a new kitchen

I think this fruit is so pretty - looks like jewels!  
We like fruit.  
Jeff takes 2 servings of fruit in his lunch box everyday.  
The grandchildren like fruit at every meal too.   No cooking is involved in serving fruit but all that peeling and chopping  does take time and gets your hands messy.
I like to buy fruit in bulk, usually at Sams,  and because of the mess, I like to prepare it in bulk too. 

Monday morning,  I cut up one fresh pineapple,  peeled about 10 clementines and sectioned about 10 ruby red grapefruit.  
Then some of it got put into serving size containers for Jeff's lunch box.  
The rest is in 3 containers in the fridge,  making for quick and easy fruit servings for me and the grandchildren.  



Gavin is cooking "meat" in the microwave and Elizabeth is filling the pitcher at the ice dispenser.
Isn't this a cute play kitchen?
My son in law got it from a coworker whose children had outgrown it.  
And they got it from as a hand-me-down from another family.  
It is Step2 brand and in really good shape to be several years old.  

Thrifty tip - pass things on that you no longer need and then  happily accept when other things are passed on to you.  

One of my very favorite things about getting something second-hand - no packaging and no giant box to deal with!  

8 comments:

  1. I love fruit. I eat several pieces every day too.
    I really like the cute play kitchen. I'm sure the children love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of prepping fruit ahead of time is a good one. Although there are just the two of us, I think I'll start prepping raw veggies so that we'll have something to snack on between meals. Most we eat as is, like apples, oranges, etc. It's the veggies we need to eat more of. Thanks for talking about the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitchen...I'm jealous! I wanted one as a child so badly. Needless to say my granddaughters have had some form of a kitchen. Can't wait until Hailey is big enough to gift with one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your "thinking ahead" posts. You have great ideas to share! If you have food prepped ahead of time, I'm sure it's so much easier to make a healthier choice in eating.

    Elizabeth and Gavin are too cute working so hard in their kitchen. It must be a hoot seeing them play together. I bet they give you a lot of smiles and laughs when they are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute little kitchen and even cuter are the two standing there working so diligently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little kitchen set. So cute. I need to eat more fruit. Don't know why I dont. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to make it a point to buy more fresh fruits. Bananas, apples, and pineapples are about the extent of our fruity intake, and even those are not regularly. We both love fruit, it's just a matter of remembering it is in the fridge to eat before it goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your tips about fixing fruit. And that is a neat little kitchen for your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐