If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, July 21, 2013

This weeks eat some freeze some cooking



we like cookies and this week I baked an old favorite, a lower fat chocolate chip cookie recipe.  In the freezer, I found a partial bag of butterscotch chips so I made about 1/3 of them with butterscotch and the rest with chocolate chips.  I posted the recipe in a past at the link below.
and just like that time,  I quadrupled the recipe this time too.  

I kept some cookies out for snacking and put the rest in small containers in the freezer. Cookies - either baked or cookie dough- are just about the easiest thing to freeze and then serve when needed.  

One night we had company for supper and I served homemade pizza and pasta with a big salad.  
So I made a large batch of family favorite roma sauce that day.  I used some on the pizzas, some on the pasta and the rest of it went in the freezer for future meals.
I don't have an exact recipe for roma sauce - but I did post my method on my first blog- Roma Sauce 

Having homemade prepared and semi-prepared foods in the freezer is so nice on busy days and days when I just neglect to meal plan.  

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of freezing cookies! What a great idea! When my children were little, cookies didn't last. Now that my house has emptied and they have mostly grown, I dread making cookies since I am the only one left to eat them. Well, if I freeze most of them, that would be far better than eating the entire batch myself!

    blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is Mrs. White, You can freeze just about any cookie, both homemade or storebought, in just about any container.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐