If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thaksgiving prep Wednesday

I just made a sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving.  This is my Mom's recipe and we have been enjoying it for at least 30 years.
The sweet potato layer is cooked and the topping has been added.
It will be frozen, then thawed in the fridge the day before and baked on Thanksgiving.
It is really delicious but very sweet for a side dish. We serve it with the meal but it really could be dessert. 

6 comments:

  1. I looks delicious. My DIL is making one to bring here too. One less dish that I have to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make the same but cut the sugar in half and we have never missed it. I will be making ahead and freezing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy outside with the boys this week, and a draggy headache today, too, that I haven't gotten much of my T-day prep done.
    Tomorrow I'll hit it hard since I may not have any grands here, and if I do, it'll just be one for a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my aunts used to make a very similar recipe at Thanksgiving - so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy bee getting ready for Thanksgiving. At least you will be able to relax and enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a similar casserole for Thanksgiving. You're right--it could be a dessert! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐