If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crazy people frugal doings

First, I do not think taking way too many condiment packages is the right thing to do.
And I did not take these. 

My son treated us all to Olive Garden take out over Thanksgiving. He said the server that sacked up his  order was especially enthusiastic and added handfuls of grated cheese packets to his sacks even though he did NOT ask for them,   The Olive Garden Take Out

I guess a few us used some of the cheese when we ate that time. But the rest of the packets ended up in my pantry. I found them this week and decided I should do something with it, 


I got out a pint jar, funnel and scissors. Then I opened and shock them all out. 
I ended up with about a cup of grated Romano that I will use in future recipes. 

I am not advising to take extras, but if you do end up with extra packets, use them, 

7 comments:

  1. That's happened to me at carryout Chinese places. Last time I purged the condiment container in the refrigerator I had dozens of soy and sweet/sour sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do this too! We just used a tiny bottle of syrup that came with a take home container from a Cracker Barrel breakfast a while back. It was languishing in the pantry but I didn't want to throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! Every now and then we get a Dominos pizza and they load us up with cheese and red pepper flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always end up with an abundance of ketchup and syrup packets. A mom and pop restaurant we order from now and then will have a couple handfuls of ketchup in the bag. I have a container in the frig where I save extra packets and when I get enough I will add them my ketchup bottle. Glad to hear I am not the only one doing this. My sister doesn't get why I do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I have a ton of little packets of honey from KFC....didn't ask for them, but got a sack full! Might have to put them in a squeeze bottle because I keep forgetting about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) Rhonda---
    We always end up with extras-- between us going through the drive through and my kids bringing home take out lunches at times -- for everybody. It happens. A lot of times-- I drive through and there is a sign that says--- YOU MUST ASK FOR CONDIMENTS WITH YOUR ORDER. So, I ask--- and it is the EMPLOYEES who give it all away!
    Like you I bring it home and put it to use. I just sorted my pantry out on Sunday-- and I now have a container with extra packets of ketchup, hot sauce, pepper flakes, cheese and sugar! Ready and Available for use.
    So... NOT CRAZY!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the parmesan idea! Parmesan is so expensive and we only use it on pasta and in our meatball recipe. I'll have to keep this in mind next time we go out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐