If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, March 23, 2014

CVS deals and a savings tip

Hi everyone- my husband and I took a last minute trip to Branson MO, partly to celebrate our wedding anniversary and partly because we just needed a vacation.  We had a great time and hope to go back in the fall and we would like to take our grandchildren when they are a few years older.  Branson is very fun, family oriented town.

So,  I will be doing the same frugal things with another vacation as my goal.

This week, when you scan your CVS card at the scanner,  you will get a coupon to get one roll of CVS paper towels free.
CVS also has a super  deal on laundry detergent.  Wisk,  All and Snuggle are Buy 1 Get 2 Free~
limit 6.
I think the Wisk 24 tab bags were $8.99 each. (So you get 3 for about $9.)
I used 4 Wisk $1.50 coupons that were in the Sunday paper a few weeks ago.  I could of used 6 coupons as I bought 6 Wisk but I only had 4 coupons, there are also recent All and Snuggle coupons. 
After coupons, my total was $13.02
I  used ECBs from a previous purchase for this purchase and paid for  the tax with a CVS gift card.



I have 2 CVS gift cards right now.  One was for $50 and I earned it through Mypoints.com
The other one is for $27 and I got it when I returned some defective reading glasses.  I had saved the sales receipt but did not have the tag from the glasses so a cash refund was not allowed, but the allowed gift card was fine with me.  

I've blogged that we buy and budget our gasoline with a Walmart prepaid card.  I bought a new card at the first of March for $200 and the first time my husband tried to use it,  just before our Branson trip, that card wouldn't scan at the pump, even with the attendants help.   Thankfully, I had the sales receipt from the card purchase and I will take the card to Walmart later and get it exchanged for working card.

I've been putting my receipts  my homekeeping notebook and plan to continue.  Having those 2 receipts saved $227!  

8 comments:

  1. Don't you just love my points?? I usually save my points for cards for Christmas gifts. I'm very close to a $50 one to Walmart or Target right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and Jeff! I'm glad you got to get away for a little time alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out my points. I haven't played the CVS game in a while but I need to get back on it.

    We are thinking about a little vacation to Missouri next summer. So happy you had a nice time... Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! How nice that you got away for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the two of you were able to have a getaway. I have never been to Branson but have heard that it's a nice place for a vacation. Good for you on the receipts! I have got to start right now keeping all my receipts, and keeping them in a specific location ... just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda, you are doing great budgeting this year! Glad Jeff and you got away for a short time. Always nice....nice to get home too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great savings!! I wish Canadians had the kind of coupons Americans have access to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐