If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bakery style scones

We made a planned at the last minute trip to Texas midweek. My dad a medical procedure done and it seems to of been a success. While he recuperated Mom and Dad both said they could manage but I knew they needed me so my husband took off work and drove me there.
We visited lots and I did some cooking and a bit of shopping for them. 
They usually eat oatmeal for breakfast so I cooked some different things. One morning was bacon, over easy eggs and biscuits. One morning was oatmeal muffins and the other morning was cinnamon scones.

I've blogged about these delicious scones before and I've seen the recipe on several other blogs so I think it is a very popular recipe.
And it should be because they are just delicious. They are quick and made with normal pantry ingredients too.
This is the batch I baked yesterday at my parent's home. 
If you want to make something special but easy for a weekend breakfast, I recommend these scones. 
(The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of buttermilk but every time I've made them, I've needed at least 1/2 cup.)


Now we are back in Oklahoma. 


2 of our grandsons will be spending the rest of the weekend with us.  They are really fun little guys.  
We went out for supper tonight and they picked Jack In The Box. They also wanted to sit at a table with the high stools instead of at a lower booth.
Fast food is never my first choice but they boys had a great time and so did we. 


Good times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐