If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, August 29, 2015

A little baking and some littles painting

When I rummaged around the fridge for produce yesterday, I found this never opened pint of heavy cream.  It was hiding on a middle shelf way in the back.  It was almost a month out of date but I was brave and opened it.  The cream was just fine so I mixed up a double batch of a tried and true biscuit. 



I've made this recipe many times.  I keep the biscuits in the freezer and then just take out how many I need to bake for a breakfast.  The recipe uses cream instead of milk and shortening and is very quick to mix up.  

.
  I was wanting to bake something from the Mary Berry cookbook I showed in the previous post and I picked this very simple Fork Cookies recipe.  I doubled the recipe and added some vanilla.  
This dough mixes up fast and was in the oven baking in very little time.  
We packed some in a tin for our house and some in a jar for my parents. 
I like this recipe a lot, it makes a nice butter cookie.  It was not the grands favorite cookie though, they didn't think the Fork Cookies were sweet.  

4 of the grands had a Friday night sleepover here. 
We had homemade pizza and fruit for supper.  Then we walked down to a little pond in our neighborhood where the children climbed in a big tree and threw sticks into the pond and just had fun.

 With supervision from their uncle, they painted a dozen Sun Catchers from a kit.  It was a good project for the older 2.  The younger 2 enjoyed painting 1 each and then they were off to play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐