If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Monday, November 20, 2017

Almost Thanksgiving......

Good morning everyone.  My husband and I are back from a 4 day trip to Branson, Missouri.  We saw some beautiful fall foliage, ate some really good food and saw several Christmas music shows and 1 drama.  It really put us in a celebrating mood. 
Now I am getting ready to host Thanksgiving in our home.  


Since we were gone for a few days and I haven’t been to the grocery store,  our fridge is fairly empty.  It was empty enough that I could see it was truly in need of a good cleaning 
No before and just an after photo, but take my word that this fridge needed cleaning and now it looks so much better and white again.  We drink a lot of iced tea and it seems to somehow get dripped on every shelf in the fridge.  🤔 
I took everything out and washed all the shelves and drawers in the sink.  The inside was sprayed down and wiped down and I’m happy with the fruits of this labor.  

See that empty spot in the top shelf?  That’s where the turkey will be until my husband cooks it.  
And I have got to do a little shopping today,  especially to get a turkey.  


No pretty lists this week but below is my planning.......

Our menu plan- I don’t have a mountain of things to cook as family members have volunteered to help.  😍
We will have a traditional meal around noon and appetizers and snacks in the evening 
And probably desserts all day long. 

Shopping and housework list 


I’m guessing many of you are doing a lot of the same things this week that I am.  
Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 🦃 



I’ll be back blogging after this holiday weekend. 

11 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who labels the food in the frig. It stopped my guys from asking me what we have to eat, well at least for a short time.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you cleaning, shopping, cooking and painting. Oh yes, in rush of the coming holidays I'm in the middle of a big project. No need to stress just smile and ride out the chaos! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your banner! Sounds like you will be quite busy! I've got to kick it in gear myself and plan our Thanksgiving dinner as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice mini vacation!
    Glad to see others do the lists as well. We all have our work cut out for us.
    Have a lovely Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are messy tea drinkers too. It's all worth it! Have a Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to Branson but my husband would die there. Maybe that is a solution? Anyway have a happy turkey day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Branson sounds like a lot of fun. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. It's great to hear others are bringing food as it makes the work a little less heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not hosting Thanksgiving - my sister is - but I'm making a bunch of stuff to help out: dill pickle dip for an appetizer, corn casserole, glazed carrots, and green bean casserole (with a homemade cheesy roux; no canned soup). Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a list maker too!
    And I love your clean fridge!
    I love to clean out mine before a shopping trip. : )
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm cleaning my frig today. We have few leftovers from Sunday, but I'm making another dinner to take to work on Thursday for my staff who volunteered to work. There will be plenty of leftovers from that.
    Yesterday I took down the Autumn decorations and will work on Christmas this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your Banner!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐